Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MST3K: Puma Man

One of my favorite shows as a kid was always Mystery Science Theater 3000. My sister and I used to watch this show every Saturday on either Comedy Central or the SciFi Channel (now SyFy, though I don't know why), whichever station it was on that year. The combination of crappy movies and pithy commentary, both of which I love and aspire to create myself some day, made this show - in my mind - one of the greatest on television. Yes, when I go back now and watch old episodes some aren't quite as funny as I remember, and the argument over Joel vs. Mike, etc., etc., can be saved for another day.

The point is, on of my sister's and my favorite episodes was the one where they lampoon "The Puma Man", the story of a man with the powers of a puma who is descended from Aztec gods from outer space (I mean, yeah, sign me up), but despite the various dvd and vhs collections offered, this fine example of MST3K has been impossible to find. IT DOES NOT EXIST in any watchable format...until yesterday when I found it on Google videos, where I can watch it for free. Google, feel free to continue your battle with Apple to control my technology, my privacy, and my life aslong as you keep good stuff like this coming. You never cease to amaze.

And the rest of you...enjoy!

[Editor's note: if the embedded video doesn't work for you, please enjoy this link instead: Puma Man]

No comments:

Post a Comment