- First run of the season a home run off of Pesky's Pole? Awesome.
- Albert Pujols is a machine.
- New season, same Nats.
- New season, better Phillies.
- Obama, your first pitch was embarrassing. You knew all year that you'd be doing this, so why not practice a little instead of wasting time doing things like having Clark Kellog let you win at a game of "POTUS". Throwing a decent pitch is obviously your first priority as commander-in-chief.
- I wonder if there is a better feeling than hitting a home run in your first major league at-bat. Jason Heyward looks like the real deal.
- Tim Lincecum is Mitch Kramer from Dazed and Confused. (Apparently this observation is not as witty and original as I first thought.)
- Congrats to the Pirates for having a winning record!
- Zach Greinke goes six innings with one earned run and four strikeouts, and doesn't get the win. New season, same Royals.
- The Orioles continue to frustrate me. I miss George Sherrill and his goofy flat-brimmed hat.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Thoughts on Opening Day(s)
Now that each team has had it's first game of the season, here are some thoughts on Opening Day (and night) action: